The MGM Resorts Foundation is now seeking proposals from nonprofit agencies providing direct services to people living in the communities where our employees live and work for the 2013/2014 Community Grant Fund program. Applying agencies must provide services in one or more of the following areas: Southern Nevada, Northern Nevada, Tunica or Biloxi, Mississippi, or the Detroit, Michigan area.
Grants may be used to initiate or supplement direct services in the following focus areas:
(1) STRENGTHENING NEIGHBORHOODS
- Self-sufficiency: Projects/programs that provide affordable housing, utility assistance, vocational training, job preparation, education and employment services.
- Revitalization of communities: Projects/programs that address specific high-risk neighborhoods and provide services to increase health, safety, and collaboration among residents.
(2) STRENGTHENING CHILDREN
- Early childhood development: Projects/programs that encourage positive parenting, promote healthy lifestyles and provide young children with socialization skills and the preparation necessary to enter school ready to learn.
- Success in school: Services that encourage students to graduate and aspire for higher learning such as mentoring, after-school programs, and tutoring.
- Prevention / intervention: Projects/programs which empower children to make positive choices.
(3) STRENGTH IN DIFFICULT TIMES
- Recovery and counseling services: Projects/programs that place an emphasis on families, children, parents and individuals touched by addictive behaviors, mental health problems, abuse or special life circumstances.
Deadline for all proposals is:
Friday, April 26, 2013
MGM Resorts Foundation
3260 Industrial Road, Bldg A
Las Vegas, NV 89109
LATE, FAXED, or EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact Mary Brotherton, Philanthropy Coordinator at email@example.com or Jocelyn Bluitt-Fisher, Director of Community Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org, 702.650.7429 or 800.477-5110.